Randle General Hospital, Surulere is a generational brand in health service delivery, situated on 66, Randle Avenue, Surulere in the Lagos Mainland area of Lagos State. It is one of the 24 hospitals under the management of the Lagos State Ministry of Health and the Lagos State Health Service Commission. It was presented to the Nigerian government on 1st October 1960 by the United Africa Company (UAC) Limited, evolving into a full-fledged Secondary Health Institution in 1999 during the administration of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. It comprises two main structures located 1.1km apart. The Maternal and Child Centre (MCC) Annex, located on Gbaja Street was commissioned on the 4th of February, 2012 during the administration of Babatunde Raji Fashola. It was established to provide secondary-level healthcare services to all Nigerians.
Randle General Hospital is dedicated to providing the highest quality client care in a compassionate and personalized manner while keeping within the local social, cultural, and economic environment.
To be a first choice secondary healthcare facility providing client-focused care within the community.
To provide prompt and affordable health care services for all clients in Lagos State in a clean and healthy environment.
Our core values at Randle General Hospital include:
- Team work
- Emergency Care
- Pathology and Laboratory
- Maternal and Child Care
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Family Planning
- General Out-patient
- Optical Shop
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Medical Social Welfare
- Lagos State Health Scheme
- Emergencies are attended to immediately from the point of entry to the hospital.
- Ambulant clients are directed/assisted to the Emergency Room (ER).
- Stretchers and wheel chairs are made available for non-ambulant clients.
- Vital signs and bio-data are taken simultaneously by the attending officers within a minute of arrival at the ER.
- The ER, Laboratory, Medical Records, Pharmacy, Account (Pay point) and the Lagos State Health Scheme operate a 24-hour service.
- Initial admission obtains in the ER for 24-48 hours.
- Subsequently, clients are admitted by the relevant Management Team.
- Clients could also be referred for further management without.
- Those clients found not to be emergencies are treated and sent home.
- Referrals depend on availability of bed space and nature of client’s condition.
- Clients requiring highly specialized management unavailable in our facility are referred appropriately.
- Client and/or relatives are counseled on the reason for their referral
- Referred clients are followed up with 3600 referral pattern.